Arlington, Texas -On Friday evening, a significant conflagration broke out in Arlington, wreaking havoc at the Verandahs at Cliffside apartment complex and injuring three firefighters in its path, whilst compelling more than thirty residents to abandon their homes, according to Deputy Fire Chief Jon Padilla.
Around of 6 p.m., Padilla said that an emergency alert triggered a rapid response from fire rescue units. Upon arrival, they were confronted with a daunting sight: thick, engulfing plumes of smoke billowing ominously from the second story of a residential building.
Despite the challenging conditions and intensified heat, the firefighting team managed to suppress the aggressive flames within a span of 40 minutes.
Three Arlington freighters suffered minor injures and were transferred to hospital for treatment
Nevertheless, the incident did not occur without consequence; three of Arlington’s firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling the ferocious blaze. Though stable, all three were promptly whisked away to the nearest hospital for medical attention. However, the specifics of their injuries remain undisclosed, as Padilla did not divulge further information.
Classified as a two-alarm fire, the severity of the incident necessitated a considerable show of force from the fire department. The scene was attended by two ladder trucks, three engines, a duo of chief officers, and several medical supervisors.
Padilla noted that extra precautions were implemented to ensure the safety of the firefighting personnel who were battling both the blaze and the high ambient temperatures.
The Arlington apartment fire incident damaged at least 24 apartment units forcing 38 residents out
The fire’s destructive path impacted an alarming total of 24 apartment units, leaving 38 residents to grapple with the aftermath.
Among them was Joseph Henry, whose apartment unit was partially damaged. Henry recounted being at home when the fire alarm resonated through the complex. He spotted smoke seeping from the neighboring chimney before hastily gathering his belongings with his roommates and evacuating the premises.
“Once we got out, that’s when the flames started coming out of the roof right up on the top. We could feel it from further back. The heat was just radiating off the building,” Henry said.
In the wake of this unfortunate incident, The American Red Cross swiftly arrived on the scene to extend their support. As per Padilla’s update, the apartment complex’s clubhouse was repurposed into a makeshift cooling station for the displaced residents to find respite from the day’s traumatic events.